Healthy Congregations Introduction, August 7th
Have you ever dealt with any of the following statements/situations?
- “We’ve never done it that way before!”
- “We voted one thing and then people in the parking lot began to undermine the success of the plans.”
- "A Church Council decision gets ‘blamed’ on the pastor.”
- “We’ve not received a new member in five years.”
- “Someone always spoils our efforts to get younger members.”
- “The matriarch/patriarch of the church has a stranglehold on progress.”
- “A family leaves the church if it does not get its way”
These and a score of other factors cause church dysfunction. The “Healthy Congregations” ministry deals directly with these and other systemic obstacles to a church being the church Christ wants it to be. Healthy Congregations is a means through which churches can focus on and succeed in their mission while dealing with dissension(s) effectively. There will be a special introduction of the Healthy Congregations ministry on Thursday, August 7, at Christ UMC, Franklin, from 8:30 until noon.
After only two years of using this ministry in several of our churches, we have a proven track record of the Healthy Congregations ministry being effective in helping healthy churches become much healthier and unhealthy churches regaining significant health.
For a church that is healthy, “Healthy Congregations” is like a vaccination that better inoculates a church from future conflict which could arise. For a church that is unhealthy, “Healthy Congregations” provides an antibiotic that begins the healing process. We’ve experienced both among churches who’ve received the training these two years.
For more information or to register click on the following link: